Thursday, May 22, 2008

How To Treat The Tick Problem


A few years ago, I was recommended to use Frontline by a friend and I found that it worked well for my dogs. I have not been using it until I discovered a few ticks on my 2 dogs a few weeks ago.

There are other equivalent to Frontline but based on the discussions in the forums, Frontline seems to be one of the proven option.

You need to know the weight of your dog as you should be buying the right strength of Frontline for your dog; eg 0-10 kg, 10-20 kg,... Read and follow the instructions closely for it to be effective.

In short, you apply the liquid in the capsule or container on the back of the neck of the dog where it cannot lick it. The liquid will be absorded and spread through the skin around the body. So the fleas and ticks will be killed or posioned and dropped off. This will kill the breeding cycle of the fleas and ticks. It should last for a month and you may wish to apply another capsule again or later.



I have some photos taken recently when I applied Frontline to my 2 dogs. We found a tick in the crate the following day, as shown in the photo. This definitely proved that the Frontline is working effectively.






I remove it and placed it on the paper towel to take a photo before I killed it, just to be sure.














If you are staying in a country with 4 seasons, there is a chart where advises you on the treatment you may want to consider for spring, summer,autumn and winter; as indicated below.





No comments: