Thursday, May 22, 2008

Some Final Words On Ticks

I have indicated that I removed the ticks by hand but you may read that a tweezer is used to remove the tick and that to ensure the head of the tick is removed and if bleeding occur, apply some antiseptic cream. So far, I do not have any problems removing the ticks by hand.

If you are not comfortable to do it by hand or tweezer, then I suggest that you just apply the Frontline or equivalent and let it kill the ticks and that they would dropped off the body when dead.

I just read a dog book and it mentioned that there is only one tick found here in Singapore, called the Brown Dog Tick, as shown in my photos. The ticks are from my 2 dogs.

There is an American tick that cause the ROcky Mountain Spotted Fever and it is potentially fatal to humans.

There is also an Australian tick that could cause paralysis in dogs and humans.

It was also mentioned that the tick may occassionaly bite human but it is not able to suck our blood...?

So there you are.......

I hope you have found my experience relevant and of help to you.

Take care,

David

No comments: